SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 13 January 2018

Recent Purchases from L'Oréal

l'oreal haul

I have recently had a little splurge at the L'Oréal counter in Boots after loving the true match foundation. I needed a new foundation for when fake tanned and the beauty advisor in Boots recommended for me to try the infallible total cover, so I bought it in 'Radiant Beige (22)'. I'm not a huge fan of foundation in squeezy tubes but I was willing to give this one a go and WOW is this foundation thick! I've never tried a foundation this thick before. It definitely makes a difference from using true match as that foundation has such a runny consistency.

You've got to be quick in applying and blending this as it dries super quickly! I find best results using a damp beauty blender and a stipple brush. As it's quite a thick product, I was expecting it to be cakey and heavy on the face but it's really lightweight and natural. It's great once it's first applied, it covers redness and blemishes but unfortunately I find that this doesn't last. After around 4 hours, the foundation has settled into my laugh lines and came away from around my mouth. But, the colour match was perfect to match my tan. I personally wouldn't buy this again as it's not long lasting for me at all.

l'oreal infallible total cover foundation

l'oreal infallible foundation review

I've been in need of a new brow gel for quite some time. I'm used to using clear brow gels but I thought I'd buy a coloured one this time to give extra colour and definition to my brows. I literally just picked this one up without even reading the packaging. It's a bloody brow plumper guys, it has fibres in the gel!!
I still use it anyway but I wish I got the lighter colour as this one is a little too dark for me. Even though I didn't want to use this, it's a great little product. I normally wipe off some of the gel on the sides of the tube before applying it, if not I make such a mess with it. But, my brows stay in place and keep their colour all day so I'm happy with it. 

l'oreal brow artist plumper review

I never used to bronze before I bought this duo. As I have quite pale skin, it definitely adds colour to my face and makes me look more human. Honestly, what did I do before I used this!? I love that it comes with a highlight as well. I use this highlight every day and it is a pretty good subtle highlighter for during the day. If I'm going on a night out or to a special occasion, I wouldn't use this as it doesn't 'pop' like I'd want it to.  

l'oreal glam bronze review

I usually use Rimmels stay matte pressed powder but I thought I'd try a different brand for once. I love this powder as it's transparent and doesn't give you much colour or a shimmer, it's perfect for just setting that base into place. My oily T-zone seems to peep through after around six hours, but the rest of my face seems to stay put. So, I'm still yet to find a pressed powder which locks in those oils.

l'oreal infallible pressed powder review

6 comments :

  1. These sound like some great products, I don't really buy much from L'Oréal but I need to start x
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should. I used to stick to using one brand but it's good to venture out :) x

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the pressed powder, I get an oily T-Zone and I'm always on the look out for a matte powder :D, the Brow Gel sounds amazing too :D Will have a look around the Loreal counter next time I'm around hehe!

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.iamserenel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to venture out and try more pressed powders myself! x

      Delete
  3. I have their infallible foundation too! I mix it with my Maybelline True Match foundation too when I'm going on a night out, both work amazing together for full coverage that doesn't come off in a sweaty club!
    Cloe X http://clxelouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete