SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 30 November 2017

The Only Lip Products You Need This Season

autumn and winter lipsticks

Autumn and Winter is my favourite time of the year to wear dark colours, especially on the lips. I don't have as many dark lippies as other bloggers would. The past two years, I have actually started wearing lipstick near enough every day. Before then, I never used to wear it that often because I didn't like any thing too 'out there' and to 'stand out'. I used to stick with a very light nude colour and sometimes I weren't even keen on that because I have such pale skin, it didn't look right, ha. Anyway, in the last two years I have manned up and branched out and have actually bought and tried quite a few lip products. So here are my favourite and only lip products you need this season...

seasonal lip products

NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM - Copenhagen (SMLC20)
I have loved the soft matte lip creams since I first tried one. I have been using this particular colour for about a year. I just love the colour, it's perfect for this time of the year - I actually thought it would be way too dark for my liking but it's really not. The consistency is very creamy which makes it easy to glide on my lips and it dries evenly and fairly quickly.

nyx copenhagen review

BURBERRY KISSES - Military Red (No.109)
This is your typical bright red lipstick. I do admit that it suits me a lot more with some fake tan, but I still love it all the same. I usually wear this a lot more on nights out and near Christmas.

burberry kisses military red review

RIMMEL THE ONLY 1 LIPSTICK - One of A Kind (810)
I adore this shade of red, it's more like a berry red than that popular 'out-there' bright red. I feel like this berry red shade suits more of a pale skin than a bright red lippy - so it's perfect for me! One of a kind applies very smoothly and it's also creamy. The only negative thing I have to say about this product is the flat angled shape of it. I think Rimmel designed it like that so it's easier to apply. However, I find it so much harder and I make such a mess. Maybe it's just me though?

rimmel one of a kind review

autumn and winter lipsticks blog post

NYX LINGERIE - Cashmere Silk (LIPLI18)
When I first bought this, I thought it was going to be a little darker on the lips but I still love it how it is! Like all NYX Lingeries, it has the same creamy moveable consistency. It's the perfect dark nude for this season. It looks more grey on camera - like I'm a walking zombie or something LOL.

nyx cashmere silk review

RIMMEL STAY MATTE - Rose & Shine (210)
This pink shade is perfect to wear all year round. The consistency is nice and creamy and easy to work with. With matte lipsticks, you can sometimes feel it on your lips but with this one, you don't even know you're wearing it. The only thing that bugs me about this lipstick is that I wish it dried a bit quicker after application, other than that, I love it.

rimmel stay matte lipstick review

SLEEK MATTE ME - Velvet Slipper (1039)
I love dark purple colours in the Autumn and Winter months. This particular lipstick is my most recent purchase. Matte me is a very creamy product - you don't need a lot of it to glide on your lips, which means you won't need to buy another one for sometime. It also lasts most of the day as well, although it goes quite patchy on the inner lips after eating but I don't find that a huge problem at all.

sleek matte me lipstick review

What are your go-to lipsticks for this season?

4 comments :

  1. Absolutely love NYX products! I completely forget that I own that exact soft matte lip cream...I know what I'm pulling out this week! Great post! x

    Lizzie | lizziegines.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, both NYX products are great and I love them. I'll also reach for MAC Ruby Woo for Christmas or NY cause freaking awesome red color and some Essence products which I absolutely love (and you can find reviews on my blog :)).

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Essence and I've never tried MAC, I personally think they're way overpriced x

      Delete