SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 29 December 2016

Glam New Years Eve Party Look

With New Years Eve coming up very soon, I decided to create a glam look as some makeup inspiration for the celebratory night. I love trying out new and different eyeshadow looks, even if they don't turn out how I imagined. I went for quite a simple yet pretty eye look - you could even add some glitter if you wanted to look even more glam.

new years eve makeup blog

What I Used:
Firstly, I applied my foundation from Revlon in the colour 'buff' and my Maybelline superstay 24 hour concealer in the colour 'light'. To set my foundation, I used my stay matte powder from Rimmel in the shade 'soft beige'. For my brows, I used my Maybelline master shape brow pencil. To set the hairs into place, I used my Maybelline brow drama sculpting mascara.

To prime my eyes, I used my NYX HD eyeshadow primer. On the outer part of my lid, I applied the shade 'darkside' from the Naked 3 palette as I was going for sort of a dark, grey, smoky colour. Next, I used the first shade on the second row of the eyes like angels palette from Makeup Revolution, (see the palette here), and applied it on the middle of my lid and blended it into the darker colour. Then, I used the last silver shade on the bottom row from the same palette from MUR to fill in the rest of my lid. Then, I blended it all in together.

new years eve makeup blog post

I am still working on my blending skills, I'm definitely improving, I guess it just takes time. Also, it would be so much easier if the shades in this certain palette from Makeup Revolution had individual names (sigh).
I then applied my highlighter from Louise Young on my brow bone and on the inner corners of my eyes. I used my favourite pair of lashes, 'Fleur loves' and applied my lash sensational mascara afterwards to blend the lashes together. If you want natural looking but glam lashes, these are the ones. Finally, I put on eyeliner, lippy and set my face.

All the best for 2017!

2 comments :