SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 28 September 2016

My Ways To Stay Blog Organised

ways to stay blog organised

I am such an organised person. I like to know what I'm doing and when. I like things to be planned. If you're not very organised, you probably get yourself into such a pickle, right? I thought I'd share my ways on how to stay blog organised.

1. Keep a notebook to jot down all of your post ideas and what to include in your blog posts so you don't miss out anything. I find this a lot easier than just typing up a post when you don't have any notes to write from. The notebook doesn't have to be expensive either.

2. Buy or make a diary so you can note when a blog post will be going up. Also scheduling 'blog photos day' is great too as you're ahead. You could also write in 'post writing day' or 'photo editing day' but for me, I like to write up posts and edit photos as and when I want to. I write all the days of each month down on a piece of paper instead of writing posts in my personal diary. It's just so much more clearer and easy to pop in your blogging notebook. If I blogged every day or almost every day, I would probably buy a separate diary dedicated for blog planning only. Making a spreadsheet on Excel is also great for post planning too!


3. Create a checklist for each post. I have forgotten so many times to add in certain little bits and pieces. Again, you can write one up or create one yourself on your PC and print it out. Go on, get your creative side out! Or, there are many pre-made blog checklists online that you can download and print out for free.

4. Schedule tweets on buffer. As I have a life, it's sometimes hard to get on Twitter and promote my posts. So, I go onto buffer, choose the times of the day I want to tweet and promote my posts through that. It's quick and easy to use and saves you taking time out of your lunch break to do so.

What are your ways to stay blog organised?

4 comments :

  1. You've shared some really great tips! I like to pencil out Sunday morning to writing content and taking photos for the week ahead and that really helps to keep me organised! :) xx


    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! A day dedicated to blog planning for the week ahead sounds so organised. I might even give it a try xx

      Delete
  2. I probably should keep notes as I'm falling behind so so often lately! I much prefer scheduling tweets too, sometimes I can't go on twitter for hours so really helps! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much more productive when I have notes. And exactly, the use of buffer is so helpful!xx

      Delete